Hi, I’m Dr. Dawson. How can I help you?
I look forward to meeting you and helping you to clarify the “new normal” in your life. With psychological counselling, you can turn losses into gains. You can get a clearer picture of the patterns which get you stuck.
- Do you want to get out more and connect with people?
- Are you wanting fulfillment, happiness, and calm in your life?
- Are you interested in recapturing feelings of intimacy?
You can learn psychological ways to get unstuck. In psychological counselling, you can apply coping strategies to your life, be it in your relationships, your work, or your personal healing. This can empower you to reach your goals and yield a greater sense of contentment.
Dawson Psychological Services provides counselling for trauma and loss in face-to-face sessions for individuals or couples. Dawson Psychological Services also provides secure online video conferencing for those in rural areas. Or for those holed up at home.
Psychological counselling can help you gain:
- Improved awareness of trauma and loss
- Better coping strategies to get unstuck and empower you to reach your goals
- Time devoted to deciding the direction of your life
- Recommendations for how to handle relationships, rehab, or return to work
Dawson Psychological Services is centrally located in downtown Kelowna and accepts self-referrals for psychological counselling. We accept payments from a variety of agencies including ICBC, WorkSafeBC, Blue Cross, and Criminal Victims Assistance.
Dr. Dawson devotes himself to providing a caring approach centred around YOU. Whether you have suffered trauma, loss, or trouble in your relationships, Dr. Dawson gets it. His two decades of psychological counselling experience combined with having lived through these issues in his own life help him to understand what you’re going through.
After booking your first appointment, you don’t have to wait. You will receive information in an email or text message that gives you the opportunities
- to respond to a questionnaire specifically designed to get you thinking about what brought you to this point in your life to begin looking at patterns in which you are stuck
- to help your core motivations to become a psychologically healthier person come to the surface
- to access tools and strategies available through the Dawson Psychological Services website
- to help you set a course towards your psychological healing.
In your first appointment, Dr. Dawson will discuss your responses with you and will ask you some clarifying questions that will yield a mutual understanding of your treatment goals. Based on these goals, you will have the opportunity to discuss how long a course of psychotherapy might take and what the healing activities could be during your future sessions.
Dr. Dawson can provide you with access to a toolkit of resources found on the client-friendly website of Dawson Psychological Services. Dr. Dawson is trained and familiar with cognitive-behaviour therapy (CBT), narrative and family systems approaches, emotion-focused therapy, and approaches to treating trauma such as EMDR and mindfulness. At Dawson Psychological Services, your psychological health matters.
For more information about my treatment approaches, read my therapy pages and my blog.
To book an appointment, use the BOOK NOW button in the top-right corner of this website or call 778-484-5525 and start your journey towards a healthier life.